1. You can now explore coral reefs on Google Street View. Panoramic images of reefs were gathered by the Catlin Seaview Survey – a project which studies the health of coral reefs.
2. The Catlin Seaview Survey is creating a record of the Earth’s coral reefs. They are home to 25% of ocean species.
3. Using a specially developed 360 degree camera, teams of divers from the Catlin Seaview Survey will capture visual data.
4. On the shallow reef the camera is steered by scuba divers.
5. For the deep reef, an area virtually unknown to scientists, the Catlin Seaview Survey will be using robot vehicles…