Fertility 2.0: Burning Man 2012 festival in Nevada
1. Revellers ride a decorated vehicle during the Burning Man 2012 “Fertility 2.0″ arts and music festival in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada.
2. Once a year, tens of thousands of people gather in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert (also known as “the playa”) to create Black Rock City. They leave one week later, having left no trace whatsoever.
3. The festival ends on the first Monday in September, with the burning of a giant wooden effigy known as The Man.
4. A skydiver descends to the Playa
5. The Temple of Juno is seen at sunrise
6. Ruth Kidd explores the art piece Ego before sunrise
7. An art piece named La Llorona rests on the playa at Burning Man
8. The Man is seen at at sunrise in the Black Rock desert
9. Participants watch the flames from El Pulpo Mecanico during the Burning Man 2012
10. Libriel Padilla watches the sunrise, obscured by smoke from the western wildfire