Bridges play an important role for humanity. Their presence can reduce the time spent on the road, overcoming obstacles (rivers, ponds, precipice) blank that is valuable both from an economic and from a practical point of view.
Bridges are distinguished by two main parameters: skipping load (rail, road, walking, combined) and the static scheme (beam, truss, spacers, pontoon). Below is a list of the longest suspension bridges, which are categorized spacer systems. Their main difference is considered to be the primary load-bearing structure made of flexible elements working in tension; Thus, the roadway is in limbo.
1. United States. Mackinac Bridge. The main span – 1158 m. (James Marvin Phelps)
2. Sweden. Bridge Hёgakustenbron. The main span – 1210 m. (Anders Sandberg)
3. US. Golden Gate Bridge. The main span – 1 280 m. (Christian Arballo)
4. United States. Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. The main span – 1298 m. (Metropolitan Transportation Authority of the State of New York)
5. China. Hong Kong. Bridge Tsing Ma Bridge. The main span – 1377 m.
6. UK. Humber Bridge. The main span – 1 410 m. (David Wright)
7. China. Bridge Zhunyan. The main span – 1490 m. (Sjiong)
8. Denmark. The Great Belt Bridge. The main span – 1624 m. (News Oresund)
9. China. Xihoumen Bridge. The main span – 1650 m. (Glabb)
10. Japan. Akashi Kaikyo. The main span – 1991 m. (YU-JEN SHIH)