1. A white-tailed eagle (Haliaeetus albicilla) catches an eel at the wildlife park Feldberger Seenlandschaft (‘Feldberg Lake District’) in Feldberg, Germany
2. A carved Halloween pumpkin by Ray Villafane and his friend Andy Bergholtz.
3. Children pose with a stone resemblig a human face at Pananjung Village in Garut, Indonesia
4. A portion of a panoramic 360 degree photograph taken by Nasa’s Mars rover Curiosity on the 59th Martian day, or sol.
5. People ride bikes on the Wall of Death at the Brightona Motorbike Festival on Madeira Drive in Brighton
6. Edward the pug shows off his artificial leg while launching an Animal Welfare Fund campaign in Melbourne, Australia
7. Cats and their owners from Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan gathered in Bishkek to show off their pets.
8. Teddy bear mascots take to the subway as China’s first Teddy Bear Museum opens in Chengdu
9. Rob Brown from the National Oceanography Centre in Southampton with a bottle of beer called Pole-Axed.
10. School teacher Sergei Tarasov looks at his origami model of Moscow’s Saint Basil’s Cathedral at his home in the village of School.