May be you are thing that this might be a regular dance hall but this is not. these dancers who are dressed warmly are are retired seniors, At metro theatre they visit every Sunday and meet friends and dance. Just have a look and check the happiness.
1. These “underground” gatherings photos are captured by Reuters photographer Garanichev Hleb, who was first introduced to this “underground disco in” about 20 years ago, although at that time he did not pay attention to this.
2. Now he is back with his camera to tell the story of the elderly, and one couple in particular caught his attention.
3. Milevsky Nicholas was born in 1938 and Natalia Stolyarchuk born in 1955 met at these dances and has since moved in together. This is one of the 20 couples who met at these clubs.
4. Gleb went home with them, where they have lived for 4 years, and started taking pictures, as they are going to the dance.
5. Despite his age, both retired and still work together earn about 4,000 hryvnia per month.
6. These dances is a great way to relax and socialize.
7. However, the main problem of the elderly in this country is that they feel useless by government and others.
8. This generation grew up in the Soviet Union. Many people can not get used to the ever-changing lifestyles.
9. These people do not communicate in social networks, but still remember all the holidays of childhood and youth, when put on the table, to visit friends and neighbors come, everywhere sounded cheerful sounds of accordion.
11. “These dances are their memories of youth and a better time,” – says the photographer.
13. “I have noticed that many of them never smile, and even dancing can make them forget about problems such as lack of understanding of their own children, poor health, death of loved ones, poverty and despair.