The human body is the entire structure of a human organism, and consists of a head, neck, torso, two arms and two legs.
By the time the human reaches adulthood, the body consists of close to 50 trillion cells, the basic unit of life. These cells are organized biologically to eventually form the whole body.
The human body is the only machine for which there are no spare parts. Here is a collection of 10 Strange Facts about Human body.
1. The brain doesn’t feel pain: Even though the brain processes pain signals, the brain itself does not actually feel pain.
2. 80% of the brain is water: Instead of being relatively solid, your brain 80% water. This means that it is important that you remain properly hydrated for the sake of your mind.
3. Your brain comes out to play at night: You’d think that your brain is more active during the day, when the rest of your body is. But it’s not. Your brain is more active when you sleep.
4. Adrenaline gives you super strength: Yes, with the proper response in certain situations, you really can lift a car.
5. Your hearing decreases when you overeat: When you eat too much food, it actually reduces your ability to hear. So consider eating healthy — and only until you are full.
8. A sneeze can exceed 100 mph: When a sneeze leaves your body, it does so at high speeds — so you should avoid suppressing it and causing damage to your body.
9. You are taller in the morning: Throughout the day, the cartilage between your bones is compressed, making you about 1 cm shorter by day’s end.
10. It takes more muscles to frown than to smile: Scientists can’t agree on the exact number, but more muscles are required to frown than to smile.
Some More Facts
Your tongue is the strongest muscle in your body: Compared to its size, the tongue is the strongest muscle. But I doubt you’ll be lifting weights with it.
Appendix is basically useless: While it does produce some white blood cells, most people are fine with an appendectomy.
You can’t tickle yourself: Go ahead. Try to tickle yourself.
Being right-handed can prolong your life: If you’re right-handed, you could live up to nine years longer than a lefty.
The focusing muscles of the eyes move around 100,000 times a day: To give your leg muscles the same workout, you would need to walk 80km (50 miles) every day.
In 30 minutes, the average body gives off enough heat (combined) to bring a half gallon of water to boil.
I hope you have liked these pretty weird facts, if you have more strange or odd facts, please do share them with us in the comments below.