1. In a new book, acclaimed photographer Max Milligan turns his artist’s eye on the glens, lochs and peat bogs of his native land.
2. This young stag crept away in the bracken at Duartmore but, with a friend distracting him from below, I ran up around the hill to come down silently.
3. An instantly recognisable peak, Suilven is seen most dramatically from Lochinve
4. The Islay, Jura and Colonsay Agricultural Show, Bridgend, Islay. With both a tea tent and a beer tent, it is a grand day out for farmers and tourists alike.
5. A washing line in Gloup, Shetland, where the wind can be fierce but saves money and electricity when it comes to tumble drying
6. Highland dancing at the Lonach gathering – a major part of any Gathering or Games, along with tossing the caber.
7. In a brief respite during a violent blizzard, I grabbed this image of Sgurr an Fhidleir at sunset
8. Thursday nights at The Glenfinnan House Hotel are ceilidh nights. A wee girl listens from the balcony, wishing she were old enough to join in.
9. Autumnal foliage along Loch Eilt by Glenfinnan
10. Ardfern on Loch Craignish provides sanctuary and a safe berth to sailors on the West Coast