Autumn weather: torrential rain causes flooding in parts of Britain
1. Lauren Cochrane, 12, sits in a flooded room in Gilling West, North Yorkshire
2. The Met Office is forecasting that up to 100mm (more than three inches) of rain could fall over parts of northern England.
3. The Met Office is also warning of high winds across south-east England, with gusts of up to 60mph inland and 70mph.
4. The beach in Footdee, Aberdeen, has been covered in foam following the stormy weather
5. This narrow boat sank in the River Ouse, near Lendal Bridge in York
6. Firefighters rescue stranded motorists from a flooded road outside Castleford, West Yorkshire
7. A stranded motorist is helped by a member of the emergency services after being rescued from a flooded road outside Castleford.
8. Emergency services workers navigate flood waters to rescue stranded residents from their homes after the River,
9. Residents walk through floodwaters in Morpeth
10. Northumberland fire and rescue search flooded houses in Morpeth