Goran Tomasevic tells of the battle for Aleppo, Syria
1. Reuters photographer Goran Tomasevic photographed the fighting in Aleppo, Syria, from August 1 to 17.
2. 4 August 2012: A Free Syrian Army fighter gestures as others carry a fighter shot by Syrian Army soldiers during clashes in Aleppo
3. “The rebel’s friend was killed from a very accurate Syrian army sniper who found a hole in between sandbags and fired.
4. “This rebel had been firing at the Syrian army when he came under attack from sniper fire, he was pulling back into a secure position when the picture was taken.
5. “We heard shooting and started running into the building. We heard a large explosion and then the rebel was hit by shrapnel.
6. “This is the first in a series of three pictures. In this you can see the tree being hit with the shrapnel.
7. “This is the second in a series of three pictures.”
8. “This is the third picture, taken just after he fired the RPG.”
9. “The rebels made holes in buildings, inside walls and through gates, the fighters would sneak into the houses through these holes.
10. “One woman came back with her husband to take goods from her house.