Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s rise to fashion fame
1. As Rosie Huntington-Whiteley launches her design debut for M&S, view the British model’s metamorphosis from Devon beauty to global supermodel turned actress and designer.
2. In the summer of 2007, a very besotted-looking Tyrone Wood (son of Rolling Stones rocker Ronnie) arrived at a gallery preview in London toting a lithe, glowing piece of arm candy.
3. No… they didn’t get married, but they did put on a sickeningly united front at the 2008 wedding of Tyrone’s big sister Leah.
4. A few stylish invites started landing in Rosie’s letterbox. She lit up proceedings at a Louis Vuitton dinner in London.
5. But it was in 2009 that things really started to go Rosie’s drop-dead gorgeous way. At the Elle Style Awards in February.
6. She quickly honed a real skill for showing the fashion world just what she was made of – involving revealing but tasteful dresses.
7. At the summer event of the year – The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party in 2009, and showing a knack for mixing vintage (the dress) with high street.
8. And then bam! A contract to be a Victoria’s Secret ‘Angel’ promptly followed catapulting the Devon-born beauty to global
9. Further lingerie-clad assignments followed, such as a job the ‘face’ (and body, of course) of high street retailer Monsoon’s first underwear line.
10. Her global domination continued as she notched another coveted modelling job: the 2010 Pirelli calendar.